THANKSGIVING 2011: MOM, FRIENDS, AND SUPERTED
“O Lord that lends me life, Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.”
— William Shakespeare
Gobble, gobble youngsters. Today, the tide rolls sentimental. You’ll get a quick education of the person that is Charlie, and we may even throw in a triple nickle parlay to wet your whistle. Onward sailors…
AN EDUCATION –
WHAT WE LEARNED:
1. Charles Patrick can rep any multi-color striped collared T, 7 days a week.
2. I lived in a time when women worked on the prairie, confirmed by that super sweet skirt over my left shoulder.
2. I still scarf my pie, and I like it apple. The concert may be over, but I’m grabbing an encore of that grub and as you can see, I got Baker backing my play. Don’t ever judge me.
3. Based upon the empty seats, it may appear the night was over. However, when the music dies its customary Wheary Boy tradition to load up on the treats and keep the celebration going until the lights go out. Even as a youngster, that wasn’t my first rodeo.
4. My mom is a saint. But if you’ve ever met her, you already know this.
WHAT WE LEARNED:
1. After a very in depth interview and based upon the 72 medals you see, my Navy Seal cousin Ryan is kind of bad ass. Take note, don’t hassle this horse, I got a seal in my corner.
2. Connor is my absolute favorite person at any wedding ever.
Ezekiel 25:17 – The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children.
In the wedding game Connor Wheary is 8 for 8 at this point. He’s like a kid with a blowtorch and some Snickers. He just lights the place up, rolls out, and relishes the nougat finish.
3. Leah can apparently rep any green bandana, as she wore that Irish piece all day. I like to think of her as a little green leprechaun ninja.
WHAT WE LEARNED:
1. Um….not much at all. Just that SuperTed is super freaking awesome. But you already knew this, and I don’t take you for someone who wants to battle a seal or a corpsmen. RollingTide went naval, and we hired the Grade-A beef. Just quiet down, hug the bear, and thank me later. I’m just the guns of the Navaronne, and Superted is my Gregory Peck.
THE TRIPLE WISHBONE GOBBLER PARLAY:
Apparently the TheChiTown-Oath and MissionBue went silent, but I got this. I am absolutely loving the pigskin slate on tap this Thursday. So grab your greenbacks, a sliver of that pumpkin pie, and follow your General.
Green Bay at Detroit – (Packers -6): I believe in only three things: Winnie the Pooh, Twinkies, and Aaron Rodgers. Sorry Detroit, even in the Motor City you don’t have an ounce of gas required to slow Cal Berkeley QB1 and that offense. Packers cover quickly, and it’s over before Grandma pops the bird in the oven.
Miami at Dallas – (Cowboys -7): Not even a Jimmy Buffett Thanksgiving Mai-tai saves the Fins. This ain’t Margaritaville. Romo-vember continues his autumn destruction in the NFC East and big D chows down on some turducken and locks up a playoff spot.
San Francisco at Baltimore – (49ers +3): Brother Bowl I – Never have two more competitive kids squared off on the day of thanks. By far my favorite game of the week, and the hardest to pick. Why my choice you ask?
Perhaps because: Harbaugh is a baby brother just like me, The Sausalito Ferry, Brian Wilson, Blanket Beach Babylon, Mel’s Drive-In, ShanBaker’s Glen Drive-In, Stinson, the Golden Gate, Surf/Sport ConBuestad, Smitty’s, the Mission, Tam, Quen, McCovey Cove, COIT Tower, Born, Kitesurfing with JohnBuestad, Haight-Ashbury, the GGYC America’s Cup, S. Denison, the Rink at Embarcardero, and finally……Why San Francisco always wins the night:
Always a party on the corner of Polk and Pine.
Have an amazing, safe, and happy Thanksgiving.